There’s a lot happening early in March, but catch a breath because there’s more to do all month and beyond. It’s all in here. Don’t miss any of it!
- First, be sure all Schools and Communities First petitions get to the LWV office by March 6 – the campaign is wrapping up! More from Carol Murota in this issue!
- Catch up with the petition campaign news and other advocacy efforts at Action/Advocacy Committee on March 7. Bring your concerns to share!
- Come to the March 9 panel on Women in Politics at St. Mary’s College – League members are invited to join the campus community for this free event.
- Be sure you reserve a place at the unique EqualiTea on April 1 in Danville – step back 100 years with us! Can’t make it? You can sponsor a young woman for this experience!
- The primary is over, but there’s still an election just ahead – at Diablo Valley College. Volunteers are needed to help students vote from April 7th through April 9th – it’s fun and easy to work with our DVC team.
- Did the primary get you thinking about how campaigns might look in November? Read Suzan’s President’s Letter to get some ideas of how to deal with misinformation.
- The League deals with information by getting out the facts – see our Voters Service accomplishments over the past two months in a great wrap-up report!
- Did you know that the Lafayette housing tussles hit the New York Times? Read Carol Murota’s report on what Lafayette is doing that made it worthy of national notice.
- Stretch your mind – and your attitude – with two League activities. Join the Board in confronting bias questions posed by the book Waking Up White. Join fellow League members in a monthly book club discussing some weighty but timely books.
- Look back at another amazing suffragist, Lydia Flood Jackson – an African-American entrepreneur and campaigner from Oakland! Check here for the full list of women we’ve featured so far this Anniversary year.
- If all of this isn’t keeping you busy enough, you may also want to support the County Commission on Women and Girls at two events this month. Their Hall of Fame dinner on March 19 in Concord will include our own Martha Goralka as an honoree! And on March 26, their auxiliary organization is sponsoring a showing of the movie “Suffragette” at the California Theatre in Pittsburg.
Issues referenced by this article:
League to which this content belongs:Diablo Valley