The holidays are right around the corner, but there’s lots to do with the League as well in the next two months (there won’t be a December Voter). You can click here to check out the PDF of the Voter, or pick your favorites from the links below:
- Action Committee is early this month, so check that out first! Remember these dates are posted on our Calendar page, along with Board meetings.
- Interested in the Brentwood Measure L election? Voter’s Edge has all the info you need – pass it on!
- We are still very much in Anniversary mode – read Suzan’s comments on it in the President’s Letter. There are some new items on the 100th Anniversary page, including a chance to participate in a Rose Parade float commemorating women’s suffrage. Women in California got the vote on November 1, 1919 -- are you planning to join League members traveling to Sacramento on Saturday, November 9, to celebrate that anniversary? And be sure to read about Maria W. Stewart, one of the earliest African-American speakers on women’s rights.
- The elections aren’t going to pause for the holidays this year, so Voter Service is gearing up – read about some of the planned activities, and tell us (by November 16!) when you’d like a training on voter registration in January.
- Speaking of trainings, more are planned this month on Schools and Communities First – we have the petitions, now we need trained signature gatherers. The information is constantly changing as we set times and places, so keep checking the website for updates.
- November is Homelessness Month, and our own Ann Flynn is moderating a panel at the Concord Library on November 26 – sounds like it will be very informative!
- In the midst of this all, we will take time out for our Holiday Party on December 8. Read about it on our semi-secret Members Only page and be sure to RSVP for the address and directions! Hope to see you there!