|SAMPLE STARTING QUESTIONS for county supervisors
1. There is a severe County budget deficit. How would you balance the county budget in order to accomplish improvements necessary to our County to maintain or improve the quality of life?
2. County-wide homeless cause problems. How would you handle them?
3. Health Care has many services that are being cut. How can we provide continued services for health care with this limited budget?
4. Children's services are being reduced. What can you do to save these services?
5. Please give you opinion on our county’s mental health services.
6. Demographics in SUPERIOR County are changing. If you were a county supervisor how would you promote harmonious handling of ethnic diversity issues?
7. How would you encourage development and business to broaden the tax base without destroying the environment?
8. Traffic is a problem. Express your views on any or all of these projects: 567 Freeway; Excelsior Corridor widening; public transportation, considering all modes.
9. A recent Grand Jury opinion attacked ABCDE for letting politics play a "totally inappropriate" role. How would you discourage this?
In your closing statement, please include your priorities for the County.
|SAMPLE STARTING QUESTIONS for city council
CITY OF PERFECTION
1. How would you as a Council member propose providing new revenues
2. What are some of the reasons the 567 Freeway is not being approved and should we begin the project in its current under funded state?
3. What are some alternatives if the 567 Freeway is not constructed?
4. There is a City budget deficit. To balance the budget, would you support a tax increase or a reduction in city services?
5. If elected, what are your priorities for the City?
6. How would you as a Council Member promote harmonious relations in the handling of ethnic diversity issues?
7. If City services are cut to balance the budget, how would you preserve the quality of life, such as the library, theater, parks & recreation?
8. Regarding the Big Bucks and Marina developments, how would you encourage development to broaden the tax base without destroying the environment?
9. If elected, what are your priorities for the City?