Household Hazardous & Electronic Waste Program
Sponsored jointly by the Sanitation Districts and the Department of Public Works. The Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection Program gives Los Angeles County residents a legal and cost free way to dispose of unwanted household chemicals that cannot be disposed of in the regular trash.
THINGS WE WANT YOU TO BRING...
· Motor oil, antifreeze, paint, paint thinner
· Turpentine, cleaners with acids or lye
· Pesticides and herbicides
· Household and car batteries
· Old computers and television sets
· Sharps or used needles
· Expired pharmaceuticals and mercury thermometers
THINGS WE DON'T WANT YOU TO BRING...
· Explosives, ammunition or radioactive materials
· Waste from businesses will NOT be accepted
· Trash or old tires
· White goods such as washers, stoves, refrigerators or air conditioners
HOW TO PREPARE...
· In general, there is a limit of 15 gallons or 125 lbs. per vehicle.
· Bring items in a sturdy box, preferably in their original labeled containers.
· Be prepared to leave your containers.
· Do not mix products together.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL: SANITATION DISTRICTS OF LOS ANGELES COUNTY - (800) 238-0172