The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan organization, but, after careful study, we will advocate for or against particular policies in the public interest. Learn more about how the League chooses its positions.
The role of the member is vital to advocating in the public interest for or against particular policies. Each member is urged to stay informed and to take action as an individual in support of League positions. Possible actions include:
- Acting on Action Alerts from the League that encourage contacting representatives in support of or opposition to specific legislation
- Visits, calls, or contacts with representatives or their staffs to keep open lines of communications and establish relationships
- Expressing League opinions on radio, TV, social media, or in print
- Hosting educational forums on position topics
- Attending and/or regularly observing public hearings and legislative sessions
- Testifying before a local governing body