Tippecanoe County is a vote center county and we generally have 30 days of early voting before an election. This year, early voting is scheduled to being on October 6. With vote centers, any voter registered in Tippecanoe county can vote at ANY voting location. The list of vote centers and their operating times will be established in Sepember 2020. Check here for the current list of early voting sites and their hours.
You must present valid identification to vote.
Valid identification must:
1. Display your photo
2. Display your name, and the name must conform to your voter registration record. Conform does not mean identical. Below are examples of names that would conform to "Robert John Crew"
- Robert John Crew, Robert J. Crew, Robert Crew, R. John Crew, R.J. Crew, Bob John Crew, Bob J. Crew, Bob Crew, John Crew
3. Display an expiration date and either be current or have expired sometime after the date of the last General Election (November 6, 2018)
- An ID issued by the US Department of Defense, a branch of the uniformed services, the Merchant Marine, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (or Veterans Administration), or the Indiana National Guard is not required to have an expiration date, or may state that the document has an "Indefinite" expiration date.
4. Be issued by the State of Indiana or the U.S. government
- In most cases, an Indiana driver license, Indiana photo ID card, Military ID or U.S. Passport is sufficient.
- A student ID from an Indiana State school may only be used if it meets all of the 4 criteria specified above. A student ID from a private institution may not be used for voting purposes.
The Tippecanoe County Board of Election and Registration administers all county and municipal election activity. The Tippecanoe County Board of Election and Registration is located on the third floor of the Tippecanoe County Office Building, 20 North 3rd Street, Lafayette. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm.