Our Committees are where the real work gets done:
Our Committee's role is:
- to raise the visibility of local elections,
- conduct get-out-the vote-events,
- arrange candidate forums,
- and educate citizens on important voter information such as Automatic Voter Registration, early voting, and voting through absentee ballot.
• Follow all bills on which LWVMA has taken a position (support/oppose) with strong focus and actions on certain bills related to our League’s priorities and the Cape Cod region. (Ex: Environment, Voting Rights, etc.).
• Educate/inform members and local citizens on these bills and encourage them to take action.
• Assist our members and citizens in becoming more active lobbyists to influence state legislators/legislation.
• Raise LWVCCA’s visibility and influence with legislators and across the Cape region.
The Youth Service Committee supports resources for civic education projects in schools consistent with the Massachusetts History, Social Sciences Curriculum Framework and in the 2018 legislation, Ch. 296, an Act to Promote and Enhance Civic Engagement. We also support youth voter registration and participation.
Studies existing and proposed healthcare policies and issues and provides public forums and information on the issues. Supports quality and affordable healthcare for all U.S. residents.