To promote the health, productivity and safety of those living, working and learning within the Town, the League of Women Voters of Hingham adopts the goal of making Hingham a sustainable community.
Consensus Adopted May 24, 2006
Toward that end in both the public and private spheres we will support measures including but not limited to:
- adoption of a guiding Town philosophy that calls for sustainable building and practice,
- long-term planning to align Town bylaws, policies and practice appropriately to achieve this goal,
- establishment of sustainability goals and performance standards for major new construction and renovation projects in Hingham
- use of life cycle costing analysis in project planning for all major municipal capital improvement projects,
- integration of sustainable design and engineering concepts and collaboration early in the planning process for municipal improvements,
- stewardship of public resources,
- adoption of optimized energy performance standards and guidelines and energy conservation and renewable energy strategies,
- use of environmentally preferable materials in both construction and maintenance,
- reduction and/or recycling of solid waste,
- provision of appropriate training for Town employees.
League to which this content belongs:Hingham