Register to Vote
Are you registered to vote? Do you want to change your party, your address, your name?
You can also complete an Accessible version of the New York State Voter Registration Form on-line by clicking on the link below, typing the necessary information and selecting the appropriate boxes.
Once the form is completed, you need to print the form and sign and date it. Then, mail the form to your county board of elections
Voter Guide Part I and II
Information on voter registration, absentee ballots, deadlines for registration, voting machines and much more. 2020 Voters Guide Part I - not available yet
This Voter Guide will help the voter evaluate the proposals that will be on the November 2018 ballot. 2020 Voter Guide Part II - not available yet
First Vote, A Guide for New Voters
Your Right to Vote
Information in Brochures and text version are available for the following topics:
- College Students
- Individuals with Disabilities
- Homeless Individuals
- Individuals with Mental Health Disabilities
- Individuals with Criminal Convictions and Those Detained in Jail or Prison
Qualifications to Vote by Absentee Ballot:
- Absent from your county or, if a resident of New York City absent from said city, on Election Day.
- Unable to appear at the polls due to temporary or permanent illness or disability; or because you are the primary care giver of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled.
- A resident or patient of a Veterans Health Administration Hospital.
- Detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony.
Know Your Voting Machine
Organ Donor Registry
In 2009, New York became the first state to include an organ and tissue donor enrollment section on voter registration forms. Since inception, over 160,000 individuals have joined the New York State Donate Life Organ and Tissue Donor Registry via voter registration forms. LWVNYS has joined with NY Alliance for Donation to help increase organ donor registrations through the voter registration forms. More Information and Donate Life Video.